What to Expect at Your Visit:
– A thorough assessment including analysis of your posture and biomechanics. This often has you performing simple movements such as standing, walking, sitting and lying down so she can see how your body is functioning in and out of gravity. Trisha will look and feel for areas of immobility and decreased vitality throughout your whole body.
– Specific patterns of dysfunction will be addressed using manual therapy, craniosacral and visceral therapy in addition to musculoskeletal and fascial techniques. Often, corrective posture or home exercises will also be prescribed. In all cases, sessions will be unique to your needs that day.
– If this is your first assessment a detailed history will be performed.
What is the cost of treatment?
- Initial Assessment: 75- 90 min ….. $120.00
- Follow- up: 60 min ….. $ 90.00
- Mobile in-home visit ….. $ 140.00 (South Cowichan area)
How many appointments will I need? How frequently should I come?
Trisha understands we are all unique in terms of our history, previous injuries/ surgeries, lifestyle and goals. Typically, if this treatment approach is new for you, we recommend booking 3 sessions spread out over the course of a few months. If you are someone experiencing chronic fatigue, pain or multiple injuries from trauma this will likely be extended over the course of many months; however, you should start noticing a change in your body after the first couple of sessions. This change may come as improved mobility, decreased pain, improved balance, feeling stronger or better sleep.
What can your approach assist with?
- Recovery of motor vehicle accidents
- Sports injuries
- Headaches and migraines
- TMJ pain and occlusion problems
- Pre- and post surgical care
- Reduce discomfort and stiffness in muscles and joints
- Men’s health
- Improved mobility as a whole and at specific joints
- IBS, bowel and digestive issues
- Relieve chronic discomfort
- Postural imbalance
- Soft tissue injuries
- Menstrual symptoms
- Pre- and post natal care
What is Athletic Therapy? Is it like Physiotherapy? I don’t consider myself an athlete, can I still see you?